Engineering Excellence Awards Call for Entries
Members of the Engineering Community,
Tell Your Project’s Story!
You may think of it as everyday engineering, but to your clients and the public; this is a unique project with a unique solution.
A compelling narrative helps the judges understand and visualize how you demonstrated Engineering Excellence.
Once a year, the American Council of Engineering Companies celebrates those projects exhibiting the best of the best – our member’s most innovative projects. The Engineering Excellence Awards recognize engineering firms for the projects that demonstrate a high degree of achievement. We encourage your firm to submit projects for consideration.
We celebrate the awards as a highlight of E-Week activities. The week kicks off with the Omaha World Herald Engineer’s Week Supplement coordinated by ACEC/N that will appear in the Sunday edition on February 21, 2016.
Award winners for 2016 will be recognized on February 24, 2016, during an awards gala. All entrants and firm principals will be formally invited and we encourage you to invite your clients to join you for this celebration of Engineering in Nebraska.
Please contact the ACEC/Nebraska office with any questions or for more information. I look forward to seeing many outstanding projects!
Have fun and good luck!
Executive Director, ACEC Nebraska
A distinguished panel of judges with backgrounds from engineering, architecture, state and federal government, media, academia, and the military review the projects. Judges score the top projects in all categories, and from those determine the tier of winners.
Project entries will be judged on the following:
- overall engineering excellence in each of 13 categories
- work performed by the entering firm only, and
- according to the four rating guidelines
Submission Guidelines – due date October 30th
- Complete the fill-in Word doc Award submittal form, add photos, any support images, and sign.
- Have your Owner/Client and Owner’s Representative sign the separate signature page.
- Create a PowerPoint slide template (examples included).
- Use included checklist to ensure submittal complete for judging.
- Name and save the document with the firm name followed by EEA2016, and the submittal #.
Example: LRA EEA2016 1