ACEC Scholarship Program for Students Entering the 2016 Academic Year
ACEC Nebraska, as a Member Organization of ACEC National, is given the opportunity to participate in the ACEC Scholarship Program. All applications must be submitted to ACEC/Nebraska and at that time screened and approved for submission to the national judging. ACEC/Nebraska can submit two candidates for the 2016 year scholarship–one applicant for the ACEC General Scholarship and one applicant for the Specialty CASE Scholarship. The CASE applicant must be enrolled in a Master’s degree program for Structural Engineering in the 2016 fall semester. The 2016 scholarship information is posted on our ACEC National website — http://www.acec.org/getinvolved/scholarships.cfm
Deadline for Submissions is Monday, March 7, 2016.
Revisions to Scholarship Documents and Scoring
There are three revisions to the Scholarship Documents and scoring this year:
- Scholarship Application: New topic for the Essay
- Recommendation Form: Added question “Why will the student be a good engineer?”
- Guidelines: Revised scoring format for Recommendation to incorporate the addition of the above question
- Guidelines: Revised scoring for Extracurricular College Activities “Student Organizations” to emphasize participation with engineering related organizations.
ACEC/RMF, under the auspices of ACEC’s College of Fellows, will award four (4) General Scholarships in 2016.
- ACEC Scholar of the Year Scholarship
- Kennedy/Jenks Consultants Scholarship in Honor of David D. Kennedy
- Small Firm Council Scholarship
- Life/Health Trust (LHT) Scholarship
In addition, ACEC/RMF will award one (1) Specialty Scholarship:
- Council of American Structural Engineers (CASE) Scholarship